Total cost of new home?

I am in NE Ohio and looking for info on the total cost of moving in a home under 21st’s program. Problem is that the factories won’t talk to me about wholesale pricing until I become a dealer and that won’t happen until later this summer. What I would like to know from people who have done it in the past is some idea of the total cost of a new, dealer price, mid-range quality, 14 X 70 (box), 3/2, moved, set, and a small entry porch in my area. I am about 2 hours from both a Skyline factory and a couple of different manufacturers in the opposite direction, but I forget their names. Has anyone in this area purchased a home like this at a dealer price, and what was the actual cost to get the home to a saleable or rentable state?

Thanks.

Keep in mind the cost consists of whatever is financed plus whatever isn’t.

21st (last I checked) charges the customer invoice plus 10%, of which you get 5% back as the dealer. You pay for whatever, get reimbursed by 21st (on their schedule?) or deal with paperwork to have them cut the checks directly. In either case the customer finances it (unless the home cannot be sold or it comes back to you).

invoice on a home like you describe might be under $20k, but frankly the amount of bang-for-the-buck is really high in this range, I think. Then add on $5k for move and set, (perhaps), $5k for a central A/C (if you’re doing that), $5k for installation, skirting and deck, $5k for electric, gas, water and sewer hookup, some slush in there, and you’re at around $40k which can be financed (to qualified buyers) for a reasonable amount monthly plus 10% down. The 10% down is what’s paying your 10% overhead (5% kickback and 5% profit for 21st) and the rest you are guaranteeing anyway so it’s just like you did it yourself but someone else floats the cash out of pocket (for one year) and deals with the loan origination (Dodd Frank) paperwork for you.

Brandon@Sandell

1 Like

Ouch! However, it is info that I need to know.

I don’t see any way for us to go with the CASH program. As I understand it, they want you to do 10 homes per year - too much for us to handle. There is still the Community Rental Program and this only requires 3 homes a year. Please correct me anyone if I am wrong. We’ve had pretty good luck with a rather unique RTO program, and the CRP works better for what we do.

Thanks for the info.

Rolf

1 Like

Rolf,

In central Ohio we put in a brand new 2015 (l;ast year) 16 x80 Champion Redman all in for $37k. That was shipped from Northern Indiana.
If you go to the Louisville show they should be giving you all the pricing you need to crunch the numbers.

2 Likes

bjy,

Thanks for the info - that is exactly what I need. Actually, $37K for that size home sounds quit reasonable. I’d love to go to a mobile home show, but, alas, I live in China and that is a bit a stretch in terms of travel.

Rolf

Rolf,

You live in China? 你在哪个省,市? 投资MHP business 多久了?很高兴看到有中国人在这里。

珊珊

Yes, I am living in China and managing/trying to grow my park on the exact opposite side of the world. It can be done. However, I neither read nor speak Mandarin. Fluent in Spanish, but there is not much need for that language here.

Haha, I thought you are a Chinese investor! Never mind.

Hi there,

The brand new homes you put in during 2015, are these Clayton homes?

Thank you