The cost efficient lift station (Low Pressure Sewer System)

I just want to share little bit information about our project where we in process of connecting to public sewer.

We need to install a lift station since our park is on a slope and the public sewer line on the higher level.

We paid $40k+ to engineer to design a system. And recently we learned about a new system which our township approved.

The system called Low Pressure Sewer system. They use smaller pipes and smaller pumps which built on factories.

• the equipment cost less
  • the design cost less
  • the maintenance cost less
  • there is less risk

We are planning to buy equipment from this company Grinder Pumps, Grinder Pump Systems, Pressure Sewer, E/One Sewer Systems - Environment One

When you say cost efficient, what does that translate to for your park and its size?

Sorry to hear about the robbery by your engineer. I have been through a similar experience.

We do not have final numbers yet but the bid are for the new system 50% less than for the original system . I will provide exact numbers later when we done with it.

Can I ask the capacity that the system you’re looking at will handle?

This type of system is called a STEP system. There are multiple manufacturers orenco, and others. The question I would ask you is this how many grinder/lift station pumps do you want to do maintenance on? Assume 1 to 3 homes per tank and grinder. 50 space park is 25 to 30 grinders. Grinders get plugged off just like every other lift station pump by “flushable” wipes aka baby wipes. It may be cheaper on the front end due to not having to repipe with larger pipe but the drama of a large number of grinders is something you dont want. If you could keep the number of grinders down to 2 or 3 for the whole park then ok that’s a different deal.

1 Like