Test ads in Winter

I also ran a REHABBER add and had a guy that sounds reliable, interested in trading work for empty units. I told him I would want a lease for at least 5 years so he would be less likely to move them. Sounds like a good way to unload a few less desirable units and get them producing lot rent.

Lol

Median over 100k although a few cheap ones lingering. Quite a few parks per capita but don’t think they have been kept up well. Rents for two bedroom are safely in the 450-600 for low to average rentals

Approx 30k area with 700k 30 mins away

What does BestPlaces.net say the metro population is when you put in the zipcode?What was you exact ad wording?

RENT OR SALE 2-3 bedroom

I’ll check that website out

No offense, but that’s a lousy test ad. You need to do the test again. Try this language:NAME OF TOWN IN ALL CAPS. 2 and 3 bedroom mobile homes for sale or rent from $____ per month – includes lot rent. (XXX) XXX- XXXX.Nobody would even know what your ad is for.

1 Like

So just the name of the city in the title box? Sounds much better

Yes, under the heading “mobile homes for rent” if the paper has a “for rent” and “for sale” category for mobile homes. If not, then under “mobile homes”. If they don’t even have a “mobile homes” section, then under “for rent” in the basic real estate section.The all caps portion should be used to tightly target exactly where the park is, such as the school district or neighborhood. You are trying to be as specific as you can so that you are not getting calls for other areas of town who are simply calling to find out where you are located at.

1 Like

Ok I was only using one spot on craigslist.

Thanks for the corrections.

Wait a minute – are you only using Craiglist? That’s not a good idea. You also need to run an ad in the largest metro newspaper. Craigslist only will reach internet folks.

Yes I was just using craigslist. I wasn’t sure if people are still using papers like they used to.

The average person still turns to the printed newspaper when making major life decisions like housing. While the younger demographic will turn to Craigslist, a huge number of tenants still use the old fashioned classified ads to find their dwelling. Newspapers pull far more than Craigslist ads do, in our experience. 

1 Like

Very nice. Thanks.

I do not want to get into a pissin match with Frank here… I agree in general that many people still go to printed ads- but… I have a park in a midwest town, 110,000 people, major university, auto production plant, level 1 trauma center, pharmaceutical manufacturing plus other large manufacturing plants…The entire town has 85 classified ads. 1/3 of all of the ads are real estate related. Craigslist   just today- the 13th of Feb had about 150 posts that were real estate related. My point- some markets have very weak print media… to get everyone you should run ads in both places. We posted a 3/2 singlewide today, and by 4pm we had an approved buyer bring in $2,700 and sign a lease / option. Like clockwork we have 2-3 people reply daily to our posts. If we had the inventory we could sell 2-3 homes per month.point is- every market differs… 

Thanks Jim, as an inexperienced investor, I appreciate your alls feed back.

we are all inexperienced. When people start believing they are done learning, well, they are done learning. Some of the largest companies in the world think they have a process or widget mastered, next thing they know they are yesterdays news. For instance- I pick up the yellow pages- never…I google, bing, yahoo or web crawler daily… 

I agree with Jim Johnson on two points:1.)  Craigslist is a great advertising venue  (We use it exclusively and get a ton of interested Tenants.)2.)  We are all inexperienced.  (I am always learning something new. :-)Louvie, we wish you the very best!

I also want to chime in – Like Jim & Kristin and others I’m sure, I think we are all inexperienced in one way or another and there is always something new and different going on – that’s what keeps things interesting and busy!  This forum is a great resource because what is new for one person is old hat for another.Brandon@Sandell