Street Gutters / Curbs

Has anyone put street gutters in in their park? Its a little thing, but it does create a nice straight line differentiating the street and the yard and makes the park look nicer. Does it translate into value? Probably not, unless the appraisal assigns a lower cap as a result. For that reason, I’m leaning towards not doing it, but am curious to hear others input.
Street curb Street Gutter

1 Like

If it was me I would want the gutter to be in the middle of the road. Grade the roads away from Homes.

I like a machined berm better than a concrete curb. I have installed both.

A machined berm is made with Asphalt.

Googled Machined Berm for this photo

1 Like

This is of interest to me because I am having trouble with I&I (infill & infiltration) of my sewer lines (haven’t bought the park yet, but soon). When it rains, rain water leaks into the sewer lines and mixes with the sewage. This causes problems for the county who now get too much water and a lot of it is clean water rather than sewer water. Strangely, this is a big problem for them.

I am investigating smoke testing the sewer lines (taking a class tomorrow on it in fact). #2, I will camera the sewer lines when the ground is saturated DURING a rain session. But the 3rd thing is to direct the rain water somewhere using gutters. Currently the water just leaks into the ground. I need to direct it into a ditch or something.

I haven’t done this, but I think it would certainly translate into some value

As I’ve been upgrading the cosmetics on my community, I’ve been surprised by how much of an impact it has on home sales. One community has always been a headache, with lots of petty issues arising with residents, and 20%+ paying late each month. The new residents who have moved in after the upgrades are respectful, reasonable, and pay their rent on time. Good communities attract good people.

1 Like

We have a home for sale in one of our Parks. We have lost 4 buyers because the roads are not in the best condition.

Time for some Road repairs.

This is how I would fix your Sewer pipes.