South East Bank Lenders for Refinance

Has anyone in the south east had luck with bank loans on mobile home parks recently?

I purchased a park outside of Columbia SC with a short term loan for a turn-around project and am now looking for longer-term financing.

Great credit, turn around well under way, rent role increasing monthly, low loan to value ratio and high personal income, but I can’t find a traditional lender who is willing to lend on a mobile home park.

The loan to value ratio is low and the loan amount is too small to qualify for the Fanny and Freddy loan programs.

Sc_hokie,

I can help you out with some long term funding for your park send me an email @ jeremy.hunter@gfactorsolutions.com.

@sc_hokie - Hokie?!?! Glad to see VT nation going strong in the space!

I own a few in Spartanburg but I would try Southern First. I called them for a deal that I was doing in Charleston and they were open to parks. I didn’t close for other reasons, but I’m pretty sure they are in Columbia. Give them a ring.

As long as the loan is over $500K we do have some lenders that will go that low on deal size. Let me know if we can help.

Aubrey
amatthews@arcfundinggroup.com

We are a nationwide park lender and can look at it if it is over $1,500,000. Please email me or give me a call.

Kurt Wilkerson
Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance, Inc.
865-380-3542
Kurt.Wilkerson@vmf.com

1 Like

Thank you for the leads.

This is a small loan, likely ~300k depending on appraisal value and is unfortunately too small for both the loan with VMF lending and ARC.

First Community Bank is currently looking into it and I’m hopeful that they will be able to complete the loan.

Victor

1 Like

@sc_hokie I have a loan at First Community Bank in NC. Terms were not amazing but they gave me approval to lend on my park the same day I walked in the bank, so it appears they are in the space and actively lending.

1 Like

@sc_hokie, Andrew Bates at American Commerce Bank in GA lends on parks across the Southeast

I am working with them as well, but had a request to de-title all of the homes owned by the park and attach them to the land instead.

Was this a requirement for you as well?

As far as I am concerned, de-titling the homes is a non starter because I would not be able to sell them without also selling the land.

SRP,

Thank you for the advice.

I will contact him shorlty.

@sc_hokie, as per your post:

• “Has anyone in the south east had luck with bank loans on mobile home parks recently?”

This is not recent, but about 1.5 years ago I spoke to a Banker in Orangeburg, South Carolina (about 50 minutes south east of Columbia, South Carolina) who said that her bank would “consider” financing for Mobile Home Parks.

I have not spoken to her since that period of time, so I am not sure of the Bank’s current stance of Mobile Home Park Financing.

However, she might be able to help you or send you in the correct direction.

Her contact info is:
Gail Fogle | Financial Sales Manager II | Senior Vice President
First Citizens Bank
FCB Mail Code: 331000 | 1225 St Matthews Road | Orangeburg, SC 29115
803-533-4417 phone

We wish you the very best!

@sc_hokie, as per your post:

• “I am working with them as well, but had to request to de-title all of the homes owned by the park and attach them to the land instead.”

We have 2 MHPs in South Carolina.

In addition one of my “other jobs” is a South Carolina Real Estate Broker-In-Charge.

De-titling Mobile Homes and attaching them to the land (specifically a Mobile Home Park) sounds extreme.

I could understand if you had 1 Mobile Home on 1 Parcel of Land and selecting to attach the 1 Mobile Home to the 1 Parcel of Land.

However, taking multiple “Mobile Homes” and attaching multiple Mobile Homes to one Parcel of Land AND that Parcel of Land is zoned Mobile Home Park is a very different request.

When we closed on our MHP both the Bank and the Attorney treated the Park Owned Homes as just a side item.

In South Carolina the Mobile Home Ownership is given through:

• South Carolina Department Of Motor Vehicles
  • Vehicle Title

The very essense of a Vehicle is that it “Moves”.

However, taking away the ability to “Move” and attaching Multiple “Mobile Homes” to one Parcel of land zoned Mobile Home Park is a harsh request.

We wish you the very best!