Rentmanager consulting wanted

If any of you have an admin assistant or a manager that would like to earn a little money consulting, please let me know. We are in the prodess of implimenting rent manager and I could use a little help with initial configuration and set up. The Rent Manager training has been great and provides wonderful training, but I need someone who fully understands the day to day of the MHP world to get us get the program fully automated. Thanks

Did you ever find someone to do this?

I need the same thing.

Regards,

Hi @adamamartin,

Welcome to Rent Manager! Your Implementation Consultant can gladly help you with any setup or configuration requirements specific to your company needs. Since they assist individuals just beginning on Rent Manager everyday, this will be your best resource to make sure you are getting the most out of the program. Feel free to reach out to them at any time with questions you might have.

Full Disclosure: I am a Rent Manager employee

@rentmanager - your program is great (I’m a customer) and so is your support. But let’s be honest - your training program is a bit chaotic and disorganized. Clearly RM recognizes this because you’re in the middle of deploying a newly revamped Rent Manager University program - as it stands currently there is no single document available to customers which is essentially an owner’s manual that goes through the program, its theory and its options from A-Z. There is extensive contextual help, true. There is a “curriculum” the trainers are supposed to go through - true. But you have recently expanded on-boarding training from 8 hours to “two months” of indefinite time - clearly needed because the program is so extremely customizable. Each customer has not one login - but up to FIVE separate usernames and passwords to access the system - (the remote server, the program itself, the training videos (run on a separate website which you can’t access inside Rent manager the program), Rent Manager Mobile website, Rent Manager mobile apps [yes an entirely separate mobile system from the mobile website]).

Separately from your training videos included with purchase you run a whole separate training scheme - the “live classrooms” - which require additional individual payments. There is no rhyme or reason to this whatsoever - recently you ran a 3 hour “rent manager essentials” live training class - which you advertised to customers like me already paying $300+ per month for the program - and you wanted several hundred more dollars to “attend” this online seminar. The RMU videos themselves do not flow one to another in any particular logical progression - they are a hodge podge of random topics thrown together in a pot. And it’s up to the implementation consultant to “assign” individual ones for viewing. The core video assigned to new users is simply a recording of a trainer doing some kind of live setup demonstration to some other users - and very little is explained as the trainer rushes through one set-up option after another.

I’m sorry - your program is great. Your training has a long long way to go.

As for mobile home parks - if you want to actually access the analytic power available in Rent Manager’s detailed accounting module, so as to understand your investment - that’s not simple at all. You have two different types of rent coming in - land and home rent. You have to decide whether to count empty lots as defined units , and if they are units - are they a separate unit type? Why or why not? These decisions will affect vacancy reports. If you change a unit type on a lot from, say “lot” to “park owned home” - will it retroactively change that unit forever - or will you retain the historical information letting you know that the unit used to be an empty lot? My trainer says it will retroactively change the unit type - but my trainer did not think to tell me this - I had to think of the question myself.

There is furthermore the complex question of how to treat accounting for money spent rehabbing homes (to cap-x or not?) rent to own and/or rent credit programs and financing.

A lot of the mobile home park stuff which is important for set-up involves theoretical accounting questions you need to answer depending on how you want to analyze your investments. And I personally don’t think your implementation consultants are equipped to answer these questions - you need a cpa who is both knowledgeable about manufactured housing as an industry and with Rent Manager. If there is one I’d love to meet them.

Much of this is exactly why I only use RM for the revenue side of the business and use QB for books and taxes. Never crossed my mind to use RM for an all-in-one solution given ubiquity of QB. RM allows me and managers to track collections very closely and Paylease partnership has been great, which is mainly all I was looking for at the outset. Reporting is also great, as is how customizable everything is. Seems a script can be written to solve any problem and have to agree support is great. Also have to agree that some of these seminar charges are ludicrous (always wonder who is going to them), and the mobile app is embarrassingly bad and has barely been improved over the past year.

In fairness though, RM is a software company first. Many of your questions come down to a discussion with your accountant in terms of handling, not one of their “implementation consultants”.

Hi @Ivan_ilych !

Thank you for your feedback! Would you be okay if I shared this with our training team? They are always looking for ways they can continue to improve our training program and I think this would be great for them to review.

Two items that are constantly being updated and improved upon are RMU, like you mentioned, and our Help File. If you press F1 anywhere in the program, it will take you to the users manual which explains the section of the program you are currently viewing. We have created a team to work specifically on the Help File, adding new topics and more detail everyday.

If you have any additional feedback that could be beneficial to our training team, feel free to send me a private message at any time. We really appreciate any feedback we can get to continue to grow our program to be the best in the business.

Have a great day!

Hi @mhp!

Thank you for your feedback as well! We also have a development team fully dedicated to improving our mobile app. Would you be willing to send me a private message with feedback on what you’d like to see added or updated? I can gladly send your feedback up to the team to review.

Hi @Ivan_ilych,

Thank you for your feedback on the training process. We are always working to make this a better experience for our customers. Because the needs of our customers vary, the implementation process is designed to be very flexible and focus on your specific needs. Our consultants do their best to address your needs in the software. For detailed accounting questions, we do recommend you work with your accountant to decide the answers to how to analyze your investments and explain this in detail to your consultant. Our implementation consultants are Rent Manager experts and can help you with a setup based on your unique criteria. We do have a CPA on staff in the Training Department who is able to help consultants with more technical accounting questions. However, due to the unique needs of each individual customer your own accountant is the best person to ask as they are the most familiar with your business.

Your concerns about Rent Manager University have been heard, and we are currently making changes to address these needs and make it more user friendly. We do have a Learning Path for “Portfolio Setup” which provides a recommended order for you to watch courses.

I’d love to talk with you more about your concerns and needs of your industry. Please feel free to reach out to me at training@rentmanager.com.

For what it’s worth, I thought the initial training with rent manager was decent. I think I did the 8 hour deal and I learned a lot. It could be improved, but it was still decent.