@lhudson , as per your post:
- "...but Realtor wants to use a "Vacant Property Contract" instead of a MHP Home Study Course..."
My Husband and I own 2 MHPs.
I am also a Licensed South Carolina Real Estate Broker-In-Charge / Realtor.
Most (if not all) Realtors will want to use their state specific Real Estate "Property Contract".
My Husband and I have made lots of Offers (and 2 purchases) on MHPs using state specific Real Estate "Property Contracts".
If you are concerned about the Real Estate "Property Contract", please find an Attorney who specializes in Real Estate (MHP specifically) to review the Contract.
In the Real Estate "Property Contract" make sure that you have lots of "Contingencies" (outs) such as:
- Contingent On Financing
- Contingent On MHP Zoning
- Contingent On x Number Of Park Owned Homes
- Contingent On x Number Of Legal MH Lots
- Contingent On x Acres Of Land
- Contingent On Public Water
- Contingent On Public Sewer
You can create "Addendums" for all of your "Contingencies".
Make sure to note in the Real Estate "Property Contract" that you have x Number of Addendums (Addendum A / Addendum B / Addendum C / Addendum D).
We wish you the very best!