Purchasing Homes from Manufacturers at Wholesale Price

Hello everyone - one of my communities have a few vacant lots I’d like to fill. My questions is assuming I’ll be getting a dealer license in my state, can I purchase from manufacturers at wholesale price? I know the CASH program allows it but can it be done without that program? I have been trying to reach some of the large manufacturers (Clayton, Fleetwood, etc) but can’t seem to be able to get to the right person there.

Thanks a lot for any help you can provide.

I was able to buy directly from Schult Homes in Minnesota (in the Clayton family) after obtaining a state of MN dealer license. I did not use the CASH program and was able to buy the homes at a wholesale/dealer price. I have purchased three homes so far and plan to add more to help fill in a park. So, it can be done. Good luck.

3 Likes

Agree. Yes you can buy at wholesale prices but for whatever reason the manufacturers do not make it easy to find the right sales rep. You have to figure out what factory you want to order from and get someone there on the phone to walk you through the options (color, shutters, layout, this or that upgrade, etc).

MHA and trade shows are s great way to make these connections.

2 Likes

You need a dealers license and there is a pile of paperwork to get set up with 21st Mortgage. It’s a necessary hassle unless you purchase direct from a dealer.

If you just need a few homes it’s not worth it to get the dealers license. Cut a deal with a local dealer. If you need a lot of homes, get the license and get set up with 21st.

3 Likes