Pueblo Colorado?

Just curious how you folks feel about Pueblo Colorado’s economy and whether it’s a good area for a MHP?

To build one? Look on the home page for Frank’s article on why you should never build a MHP.

No, was looking to buy an existing. Unemployment rate seemed a bit high but other factors seemed in line.

I know this is way late but wondering if you purchased a park in Pueblo? I’m a fireman in Pueblo and purchased a park recently in the nearby town of penrose

Yes, we have bought, operated and sold a park in Pueblo. It’s a fine market, but you want to focus on the older homes/older parks and let the nicer parks kill each other with “poaching”. The strange feature of Pueblo is that the REITs and larger park owners are constantly stealing each other’s customers. You’ll see moving trucks in the parks there every day moving homes like musical chairs. They mostly have age restrictions on homes, so a park with 1970s and 1980s homes would be essentially immune.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. My park is about 30 min. west of Pueblo. Small park with 15 spaces. My first investment. Rents way below market. Going great so far.

1 Like