Park-wide Notification System

Does anyone have a good system for a park-wide notification system? Such as evacuation notices or a general notice to everyone in park for water shut-offs for repairs etc. (city has been replacing water valves at the street level lately) … any suggestions other than mailbox delivery? Any recommendations for an outdoor bulletin board or any other ideas? Not all my tenants use the mailboxes provided and I am looking for something easier than taping a notice to everyone’s door.

1 Like

Unfortunately I’ve found the only sure way is going door to door.

For non vital stuff professional property management software will have the ability to send out a mass text message and email. However, our tenant base isn’t very tech savvy so I wouldn’t count on it reaching 100% of the residents.

1 Like

Sadly, I think I agree with you. I was just hoping maybe someone had found a good solution … LOL

1 Like

@Jsmith
You can have your tenants sign up to be alerted via text for any park-wide notifications. Informational flyers can be posted on doors. Emails… phone calls.

My best suggestion is a text, most people have cell phones these days.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

There are quite a few who text me with questions throughout the month but I do have some who do not want texts. BUT… I just signed up for Rent Manager with PayLease and Cash Pay and they require a current email to assign them an account so I will add a line into my rules that all park notices will be in email form going forward. I also think I might create a website for the park and I can put a notices section on there as well.

1 Like

Rent Manager offers an optional service for texting tenants ($20/mo for 1000 texts). Almost everyone will get a text message, but only 2/3 will get (and read) an email. We do both email and text in Rent Manager for critical messages.

1 Like

There is no reason to treat your community any differently than how your township deals with any residential community issues. Notice by mail.
I do all my general notices by mail. For water I simply inform them work is being done so they do not call me when there is a issue. Bulletin boards could be used at the entrance but are not reliable. If tenants do not use mailboxes provided then they do not get notices. I never do door to door as most people are not home and it would take me too long. Word usually spreads throughout the community fairly quickly anyway. I do not hold their hands.
I do not take responsibility for emergency situations that are not related directly to my park services (water and sewer). Emergency evacuations can be handled by the police. Not my responsibility.

1 Like