Nitwit with an issue

Hello all,

I have not participated in this forum for quite some time. I hope y’all don’t see my question as an intrusion as it only pertains a single mobile home. I’m looking for help as to my best course of action.

After having attended Boot Camp 5 or so years ago I finally got the time to set out to accumulate a bit of capital to eventually buy a park. I also wanted to learn what it takes to rehab a mobile home. I did this by buying $2000 home in a park in Kansas. I’ve rehabilitated the home and found a buyer willing to put down $3000 and pay $725 a month for 48 months including lot rent of $275. Sounds good yes? Well, dummy me bought the home from the park with a promise from them they’d provide the title within a reasonable amount of time. It’s now been about 8 months and they have not provided me the title. I only have the bill of sale with reference to the missing title and their commitment to provide it. That being said, the park manager, speaking for the owner, had agreed to finance the home to a buyer if I found one and they’d cash me out (buy it back and finance it). They’d do this because of their lack of ability to get the title. They would not disclose what dollar amount they’d cash me out for as much as I tried to pin them down. I continued to invest time and materials into the home to get to a saleable point refusing to cut out before finishing . As expected, they have seriously low balled me. With the above-mentioned buyer ready to sign the contract they have offered me $13,000. Some will call me an idiot for getting myself here but that’s nothing new so don’t bother. The park owner is a sizeable out of state investment firm with multiple parks. Anyone have any go forward ideas or suggestions? TIME and money are serious considerations.

Thank you!

Facts:

1998 Southern Homes 3br 2 ba 16x76

I cannot sell it outright legally without the title but either was the park supposed to have.

I’m in the need for cash and me financing it is serious burden without significant down plus I am moving out of state within weeks.

No liens are on the title and taxes do not follow.

The park was acquired by the current owner after the previous titled home owner was evicted (documents including eviction/writ of possession found in home)

The owner (not the manager) made the offer of $13,000

I’ve never sued anyone, do not know any lawyers, the process, or the value of a threat to do so and no more $$$

The park has received to date $2,825 including lot rent from me.

I was willing to sell the home for $21,100.

I’ve attempted to contact the title holder with 0 results as of yet.

Would love to sell it to a buyer willing to move it :blush:

(skirting being installed now)

1 Like

Looks real nice. Try www.Snickfish.com I know they can help with the process of getting the title into your name.

2 Likes

Dang! that looks like a perfectly good avenue I’ll have to check out. Thank you!

1 Like