Newbie seeking advice

Hello everyone
i am considering in investing in a few mobile home parks. i am wondering on where to begin since i have no knowledge of how this whole things works. though i have been studying state and local laws for my area.

Begin by reading every post on this forum and the MHU website and educating yourself on what’s out there for free. Then go to F&D’s boot camp or home study. Then post questions here. There’s also a weekly call-in webcast, I believe. The are more resources too, such as Jefferson Lilly’s LinkedIn group, Bigger Pockets, podcasts, it keeps going.

1 Like

I’ve spent roughly six months educating myself on mobile home park investing and just put my first park under contract. I did what @Brandon suggested minus attending the boot camp. I plan to do this after my first acquisition. I would like to get my feet wet and have some more intelligent questions before I attend the camp.

On top of what Brandon suggested, I went to local REI clubs and met MHP owners/investors. I also spoke to some attorneys, CPAs and MHP brokers. I joined an organization called SCORE which is a non profit for entrepreneurs and they hooked me up with a very successful MHP owner in Wisconsin and I was able to pick his brain in person for about two hours. He was able to confirm 99% of the information that I found on this website and from the books/courses that F&D offer.

Also there are two podcast you should listen to

1. The Mobile Home Park Investing POdcast
  2. Mobile Home Park Investors

i have been reading every thread and watchin alot of youtube vids as well as i do want to goto boot camp as i feel that it has alot to offer someone. and i belive that kristin said something about a home study course? i wonder where i could get that course as that would also help me

@gotto , as per your comment:

• “…I believe that Kristin said something about a home study course?”

When my Husband and I were learning about Mobile Home Parks, my Husband went on eBay and looked for any courses / educational materials on MHPs.

My Husband purchased several courses, but the absolute best was Frank’s course :slight_smile: .

Attending the Boot Camp is the best plan of action.

However, if you cannot afford the Boot Camp, you can always look on eBay to see if anyone is cleaning out their closet selling their MHP courses.

We wish you the very best!