New home pricing?

For those of you who are putting new homes into your communities, what are you seeing for pricing?
We are very fortunate to have several parks within a few miles of a manufacturer and we are seeing pricing in the low 20’s for 14 wide homes. Do any of you notice if your 14 or 16 wide homes are selling better? We are in the process of becoming a dealer in Pennsylvania so that we can sell new in our communities.

I am interested to hear about people’s comments on what they are paying for new single wides also.

I can comment on the 14 wide vs 16 wide. 16 wide’s are much better in my experience. They seems more like a house. Everything is wider. The kitchen, bedrooms, hallways, ect. I would rather have a 16x60 then a 14x70 for sure, even though the 14x70 would have an extra 20 square ft, the 16 wide will seem more open and “housey”. They do cost a little more to move though. Also with small lots, usually the length is the issue. 16 wides can fit more housing on a short lot.
best wishes

1 Like

I’ve been buying all Tru homes because they’re just so much cheaper than other manufacturers.

They only make 14’ singlewides though, which is disappointing as 16’ homes would be much better in my park, and I’d be willing to pay a premium for them.

If anyone knows of any manufacturers that deliver to the Michigan area that can even somewhat compete with Tru I’d love to hear it.

I have parks in southern Michigan and Indiana. What do you pay for delivery, and where are they manufactured? Thanks!

Not sure about the US guys, but they’re good value in Spain according to this article

This shows the manufacturing facilities and the zones of the US they service

Noel, are you transporting homes from tru in Tennessee all the way to Michigan? How much are you paying for the home and transportation?

14x56 Zone 3 gas furnace - around $15,000 for the home and $3,000 for transportation.

1 Like

Is that transport from Tenn, to MI?
Thanks for the response

Just had a talk with the true mh guy in Tn and my park is in Indiana the transport cost is 1,700 for a new home from the factory Now that is only transport not set up and connections. Still waiting for the information on the different homes with my specs.

2 Likes

we have purchased several through a local manufacturer, and the 14x 66 3br 2ba homes are running us $19,900 and we have to pay a local dealer 2k markup on them. We looked at the trumh homes and the ones we are buying are a far nicer home for not much more money. The next homes we order will be 16 wides though. We feel they will sell better. We have a lot of shorter sites that cant accomodate 70 or 76ft long homes.

Anyway you can share name and location of manufacturer? I’m having troubling finding anything shipped for less than 30k (pre setup) and I’m even approved with CASH. The math won’t work for me or is cutting it very close at best. CASH is doing very little business in the state as a result.

are you in pennsylvania? I thought when using the CASH program you were limited to Clayton manufacturers only.

Just wanted to get this thread going again… CASH is open to all manufacturers now as you probably know. @shoen4u1 - what did you end up going with in PA?

so far we have been just buying brand new homes from a local dealer and putting them in on our own. they sell us the homes for just over cost and we handle the rest. the first few went really good but the last one we put in is still not sold and its been sitting there for a year. If we put used homes in they rto almost immediately, but our new homes have really dropped off to nothing for interest.
The CASH program has changed a lot over the last few years and some of the new changes have made it very appealing, but we are just worried that if we buy many new homes at once we wont have the market to get them sold in a timely manner.