Move in Specials?

When looking at all of the different options available for filling a mobile home park it seems like (whether you are using the CASH program, buying new mobiles, or buying, fixing up & moving in used mobile) that there is a lot of upfront capital and sweat equity involved. It seems to me that having people move their mobiles into your park is the fastest and easiest way to fill spaces with tenant owned mobiles. Just out of curiosity I’m wondering what kind of move in specials people offer to get tenants to move into their park? Is there anything that you’ve noticed works well?

1 Like

Pay for their move, partner with movers, give them free or discounted lot rent for a period of time. I usually have to use several means of incentives in addition to these in order to get the job done

1 Like

I run an ad for $1,000 moving credit. Might get 1-2 people take me up per year.

1 Like

Where do you advertise Westewart?

We’re in central Maine, I use Craigslist (free), a local Facebook group (free), and once a year or so will buy a place in a local paper for a few weeks. Pretty cheap and easy, usually does the trick when I have a vacancy.

1 Like