@Coach62 , as per your post:
- "Most tenants have not paid water bill?"
You indicated the following:
- "Yes, it's a third party billing company that collects the water payment."
- "...the main problem is that they are supposed to mail the payment into the 3rd party billing company. I'm going to change that."
We have a Turnaround MHP that sends out Water Bills. We read the Water Meters on the 15th (15th - 15th) and then send out two Bills (Water Bill & Rent Bill).
My recommendations would be:
- Do NOT Turn Off The Water
- Send A New Water Bill From The MHP (With The Payment Being Sent To MHP) Stating That If This New Water Bill Is Not Paid Within "X" Amount Of Calendar Days Then The Eviction Process Will Start
- Start The Eviction Process On Everyone Who Has NOT Paid Within "X" Amount Of Calendar Days
- Once Individuals Receive Eviction Letters It Is Amazing How The Money Suddenly Appears
- Fire The 3rd Party Billing Company
- Have Your Manager Read The Water Meters
- Have The MHP Send Either Two Invoices (Water Invoice & Rent Invoice) /OR/ One Invoice (Water & Rent Invoice) From The MHP With The Payment Being Sent To MHP
- Have The Invoices State Your Late Fee & Eviction Policy Such As (Change Dates Below To Work With Your MHP):
- Water Bill - Due The 1st: X Amount
- Water Bill - Postmarked 6th-10th: Y Amount (Includes Late Charges)
- Water Bill - Postmarked 11th Or After: Z Amount (Includes Late Charges & Eviction Process Will Start)
It is quite possible that your Tenants do NOT understand that the 3rd Party Water Billing Company is legitimate.
@Coach62 , you indicated that you are going to change that and will start collecting the water bills as part of the rent immediately.
We wish you the very best!