Maintenence man insuring


We are at the point of needing a regular part time maintenance man. So far I have been paying cash (cringe I know). Using the sub contractor ploy will only lead to trouble in my opinion. I looked into employee leasing agencies but most will not touch an employee that goes inside private residences. Is the best way just to get comp insurance and use a payroll service? Or are there other less costly, easier ways?


Get comp insurance. I have workers comp insurance for my managers, greeters or what ever you want to call the management team. It is so cheap… as for payroll, I use quickbooks payroll. Not the online service, but the one that gets loaded into your quickbooks file right on your computer. It does everything except mail the forms…