I'm a Jerk w/ a suggestion!

Anyone having any luck with Craigslist ads?

I run ads almost every day in the local papers and pennysaver type periodicals. I dabble on Craigslist, Kijiji, and Backpage because they are all Free.

Any way, i haven’t had too much luck with these websites. Lots of hits, not too many follow through. I’ve talked to some Lonnie dealers who swear by it though and I’m wondering if you guys have had any luck with these free classified sites?

The suggestion: Why not have a spot on the site where people can share ads they have run that were successful?

The “I’m a Jerk” part: I recently ran an ad on craigslist and wanted to share it, because it drew more emails than ever.

The Title was: RENT TO OWN Manufact. Home 275.00 + lot rent I’M A JERK!

Here was the body:

We Buy, Sell, and Finance Manufactured Homes around Northeast OH. Currently have 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes! Wakeman, Cleveland, Bedford Hts., Madison, Thompson, Chardon, Geneva and Ashtabula! Call or email for free list!

Due to the current housing crisis these homes move lightning fast! Payments usually between 250-325/month, plus you are responsible for Lot rent (usually 200-300/month). You own this home, therefore the homes are sold AS/IS, and you are responsible for all utilities, and maintenance. You have no landlord!!!

We have handyman specials, middle of the road and gorgeous homes. We can work with most credit issues!

Here’s where I become a Jerk!

Do not bother asking because we do not have any pictures!

Pets are ok, just no vicious dogs. It’s an insurance thing. I know YOUR pitbull won’t eat someone because he’s the greatest dog since Lassie, but the insurance companies just do not understand!

Parks will run a background check so if you murdered sixty two people, don’t bother emailing. I know it wasn’t YOUR fault, they had it coming, but the parks just won’t understand!

If you have a string of evictions, don’t bother either. I know your landlords were all horrible people who actually expected YOU to pay and they had the nerve to not let you live for FREE, when you, at 21, lost your job, broke up with the ONE, etc. (I’ve heard all of them)

I get it, I really do! It’s the company I work for who doesn’t get it. They actually expect you to make your payments, regardless of your situation.

The way they see it- You are becoming a homeowner, and getting out of the endless cycle of rent. You will pay this off in a few years, and live mortgage free (Except lot rent) You can turn around and resell an ASSET, rather than pay off someone else’s for them. All of this, and you can move in with less than 1,000.00 upfront and around 500-600/month. Your very own place, no people on the other side of the wall, or above or below you! EVEN if you have credit problems, we will give you a chance. A full time job at Mcd’s would probably net you enough to pull it off. It’s an opportunity to turn things around. AND get a home for less than the price of a used car.

The only requirement:

Make your payments…

If you are serious then:

EMAIL ME FOR THE FREE LIST!

GIVE ME SOME DETAILS TOO, LIKE WHERE YOU ARE LOOKING, AND HOW MANY PEOPLE NEED TO MOVE IN…

I don’t know if anyone will end up following through on this ad,(too soon) but it was put up a few days ago and has pulled about 20 emails.

Yes I like your ad, especially the first part:

$275 / 4br - RENT TO OWN - Manufact. Homes! 275.00 + lot rent! Yes, I’m a jerk! (Ohio)

I may run the following based on your ideas:

$50 / 2 bedroom - RENT TO OWN - $50 + Lot rent - $425 total payment. You own this home, therefore the homes are sold AS/IS, and you are responsible for all utilities (except water & trash), and maintenance. You have no landlord!!!

We have handyman specials, middle of the road.

The only requirement:

Make your payments…

If you are serious then:

EMAIL ME!

GIVE ME SOME DETAILS TOO, LIKE WHERE YOU ARE LOOKING, AND HOW MANY PEOPLE NEED TO MOVE IN…

Not sure anyone would read all of your ad so I’ve cut down to the above.

I agree it was long, I get kinda wordy…

but it has pulled very well as is.