Home Course Bundle 1 or 2

Who can vouch for the home study course? And did you buy bundle 1 or 2? How valuable has the course been for you? Let me know. Thanks.

I’m currently working through bundle 1. I’m on the 3rd CD and have had the opportunity to call in to the weekly conference call once. I haven’t made it too far through the manual, but so far I can see that it’s an incredible set of resources.

Since I definitely cannot make a boot camp this year, it’s a great option and what adds to the value is the fact that the full price of the course can be applied to a boot camp registration fee later on.

So I would recommend it based on what I have seen so far.

2 Likes

@JulieK I appreciate the feedback.
Quick question, Is the manual pretty extensive with a lot of detail? Not just some sloppy book thrown together. I’m not sure how effective the CDs will be. I learn better reading. If anything, I will have to look at the PDFs.

Thanks again! :smiley:

How do these compare to other real estate investing / cash flow business training? ie: Carleton Sheets and or Ron LeGrand study materials.

Is there enough new and or more relevant material to justify the purchase?

The manual is quite extensive. It’s a 546 page spiral-bound book that includes numerous case studies, the 10/20 Investment System (that can be bought separately) and loads of other information. I’m not one to throw hundreds/thousands of dollars at every course that comes along. As a matter of fact, I’ve never spent more than the price of a book on investing, MHP or otherwise. I am on my 4th MHP-investing related book at the moment, and while all have been great in different ways, none go to the level of detail that this course does. It is by no means sloppy or thrown together.

As for the CDs, I have found them to be extremely valuable. I import a CD into iTunes, load it up on my iPhone and listen to it when I run, do stuff around the house, when I’m driving, etc. which makes it very efficient and should have me through the whole thing in a month.

The CDs are engaging - they are not boring in the least and I think you’ll find you’ll get more from them than you expect. I too wondered how effective they would be, and I have found the format easy to listen to and follow. They are not lecture style but rather a dialogue between Frank and Dave with plenty of interesting stories thrown in (best deals ever, worst deals ever, etc.)

I’m very pleased with my purchase.

Hope this helps!

@jd585, I can’t speak to the other courses. I just saw your post, but per my last post I’ve never purchased any other training and rely primarily on books, podcasts, REI blogs and forums. My husband and I own a couple of rental properties that we were able to successfully purchase, rehab and rent using the aforementioned resources. No training, seminars, etc. But MHP investing is way out of our sphere of knowledge and the MHU home course seems to be a very efficient way of attacking the learning curve.

Sorry I can’t get give you a better comparison.

Carlton Sheets is a bullsquirt scammer. No money down, get rich quick BS.

This course is very good. Not 100% comprehensive, but what is? You have to combine it with the bootcamp. The home study course was recorded around 2006 or 2007 I guess. It appears Frank has changed his mind on some of the items, like a Yellow Pages ad, and possibly a few other things.

An update would be nice. Also, I wish they went into more detail on POH’s. I’m learning as I go along, but to someone with no construction or real estate experience I can definitely see where you could lose your shirt on POH’s.

Coach, I am sorry to hear that you failed using his tactics, concepts and ideas. I found his idea of using tax lien certificates an excellent investment vehicle with very little risk. As to his None of Your Money Down, isn’t that what the current National Homebuyers Fund grant program does? As well as VA loans? And owner financing?

I had hoped that the sellers of the products questioned here would chime in, but glad to know the product is a little dated and might need a complete overhaul since the 2008 banking industry caused depression / recession. That depression / recession changed the way real estate works and wiped out many that were not prepared when the housing bubble burst.

@Andy If you are serious about the business, I recommend to attend the boot camp and all materials will be included.

If you are not sure yet about the industry buy the Mobile Home Park Home Study Course. After you read it and you like it, I would highly recommend to buy the due diligence manual.

We do an annual update CD of the course, which is given out to everyone for free. That’s how we keep it up to date. If you do not have the updates (and there’s one for every year) then contact Brandon and he’ll give it to you. Some years, our opinion on banking changes, some years it’s on advertising, then there’s the inclusion of the SAFE Act, etc. – that’s why we do an annual update.

1 Like

I never said any such thing, and I’ve done very well on tax sales.

@Andriy_Boychuk I would like to attend a boot camp, but currently live outside the United States. Rather than wait to attend a boot camp, I will look at buying the home study course. I appreciate your feedback.

@JulieK Yes, your post helps out a lot. I’m still skeptical about the CDs :smirk: but I’m willing to give them a try. Thanks for taking the time to go into detail. Good luck with your home study course.

Wow. This is something new. I received old CD set and I was told by other boot campers not to listen to those because they are outdated. I did listen anyway. However, I was not aware about annual updates.

@brandon_reynolds where can I get updated audio files?

@Andriy_Boychuk email me at brandon@creuniversity.com and I will get you set up.

@brandon_reynolds Done. Thank you.

I got both 1 and 2, and by far it’s the best money I’ve ever spent. Very valuable information. If you are looking at investing in mobile home parks, this course could save you tons of money. I wouldn’t buy a park without it.

We will continue to do annual CD updates until Dave and I are both dead, so the CDs are always current. There are only four main areas that are continually changing 1) what states are hot and what states are not 2) financing options 3) marketing concepts for homes and/or lots and 4) laws (such as the SAFE Act). Those are always changing – constantly – and I try to keep those areas updated year round in my monthly newsletter. If you’re not getting my free newsletter, let Brandon know.

100% agree with @ethanp . I knew couple parks for sale and they were very attractive deals. Cheap with seller financing. However, I learned my lesson in the past and decided to take the course before I buy any mobile home communities. After the course and study guides, I throw those leads to trash.

@frankrolfe Thank you.

Hi all, I’m new to this forum and look forward to learning a lot - I can see there is a ton of great content. I’ve purchased the course and I’m working my way through the content.

@Andriy_Boychuk I’m curious, do you recall what specifics you learned that made you throw out those leads?