Foreclosure? I assume you mean eviction?
Questions to ask:
- how’s your plumbing, drains back up? Park drains back up?
- Any electrical issues.
- Roof, window, etc. leaks?
- Any issues with the park or residents you know of?
- Anything else I should be aware of? Dogs, problems with the neighborhood, etc?
- Hows the land drainage, standing water, floods, etc.?
The other issue I see is the rental tenants are generally NOT as good of a tenant as owners / residents. Owners usually care about the neighborhood more than tenants do. I would have an issue with this also on many levels.
As far as evictions, it’s not too bad at all. Just do as Frank recommends and get them on a month to month if they’ll sign it.
The only issues you may run up against is the mobile home park residents are treated differently than apartment residents under the law. Because I still own most of my park’s homes, I’m not legally considered a MHP yet, so I don’t have any experience with those laws yet.
If you were to buy the homes, I think you would own a large enough percentage to no longer be a MHP under eviction law. Then you could sell them off to whom you wish.
I hope that helps some, good luck.