Having no park owned homes

I am wondering the same thing about accepting rents of any kind from a holdover tenant. If I had a park in Florida I would be questioning if accepting the rents directly from a tenant would obligate me in some way to allow the tenancy to continue. I would understand that double rent being the allowed amount if it went into collections upon the home leaving or in an eviction process.

Probably. It allows possession to continue without a lease. So if you accept a double rent payment then you probably have to let the holdover tenant stay another 30 days.

Given the lease was terminated I have no idea why a landlord would not pursue eviction. Allowing holdovers also sets a terrible example of park management to the other residents, and underscores other park rule enforcement issues.

This whole topic is dumb.

2 Likes

Tell me more about what you mean by “disguised as renters”.

The holdover wouldn’t be “allowed”, however if the tenant’s home is still on the property after the last day of their lease, they can’t live there, but they need to pay for having their home on there while you pursue the legal eviction. The double rent compensates you somewhat on the issues. I don’t believe it carries any obligation for additional 30 days. I’m about to go through the process with one of my tenants and I’ll report back how it goes.

Marvel_Equity did lay it out pretty well.

Are you saying when you are evicting a Tenant-owned home owner tenant you will charge them lot rent (as usual) while they are still living in the home and on the land? Because if that’s the case this sounds completely logical and I thought that was common knowledge?

1 Like