Hard Money/Land Home deal

This is my first land home deal, and i am looking for a hard money lender to finance. We are purchasing a lot with a 1972 MH. We are looking to remove old home and place a new home on the lot. I have spoken to a few hard money lenders, but no one seems to do mobile homes. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

JohnP

When looking for a hard money lender to finance your project, it’s essential to find one that specializes in mobile homes or is willing to consider such projects. Here are a few recommendations to help you:

1. Research Specialized Lenders: Look for lenders who specifically deal with mobile homes or have experience financing similar projects. They are more likely to understand the unique aspects of mobile home financing and may offer better terms.
  2. Real Estate Investment Groups: Join local real estate investment groups or forums where experienced investors can share their recommendations for hard money lenders who have worked with mobile homes in the past.
  3. Networking: Reach out to fellow real estate investors and professionals in your area. They might be able to provide referrals to lenders who are open to financing mobile homes.
  4. Online Lender Platforms: Explore online platforms that connect borrowers with various lenders. Some platforms might have lenders specializing in mobile home financing.
  5. Local Credit Unions: Check with local credit unions, as they might be more flexible with their lending criteria and have experience with mobile home financing.
  6. Mortgage Brokers: Consider contacting mortgage brokers who have a wide network of lenders. They can help you find lenders who may be open to financing your project.

Remember to thoroughly vet any potential lenders, review their terms, and don’t hesitate to ask questions to ensure they are the right fit for your needs. Good luck with your land home project!