Garden Plots for Rent?

Has anyone tried renting garden plots in a MHP? Was thinking about tilling a section, and roping off spaces that I would charge a one time fee for the entire year. Would till it once a year. Seems like it might be a nice amenity to add to a park, and some additional income as well. The space I have for it at this particular park is at the back of the park, next to a cornfield so it wouldn’t be an eyesore.

1 Like

Interesting. Have you run any numbers on cost? What would you charge, and for how much space? The only real problem I see is the problems of theft and what the renters would expect of the community. A minor problem might be rules for use of pesticides.

The cost verses return does bother me. I know one guy who does it and he charges $40 for a 10x10 plot. Without running numbers that seems like a break even at best.

If a landlord did this to me there would be no way shape or form Id share any of the produce with him, as Im sure your tenants would not either…ever heard of a nice gesture to show appreciation to them? from what I see you are just after the $ and don’t really care about anything more.