This is a topic that is often just mentioned in passing both online and at events. But the fact is new mobile home deliveries in the US have fallen over 70% in the last 10 years.
The days of every park thriving are gone. There has been a downward spiral in occupancy and it will continue into the foreseeable future. I think in the next 10-20 years 30% of existing parks will be closed, 40% will be half full, and 30% will thrive, at the expense of the other 70%. Fierce competitiveness will replace the plenty for all attitudes.
You do not see anyone posting about placing and selling new homes in their parks. They (me included) are placing homes removed from other parks. The repo market is drying up, and was never very big in many states including New York.
I agree with Dave Reynolds recent post on the 60/30 rule now being just the 60 rule.
Tony/Scotts approach works best for me (not for everyone). The small rental park owner has absolute authority over what homes stay what homes go and plenty of time to shop for replacement units.
I still believe there is plenty of money to be made but 2 out of 3 investors will either just get by or fail.
I also believe that the people that follow the advice/teachings/material/seminars put forth on this and other sites will be the 1 out of 3 that succeed.