Former gas station with a clean Phase 1?

Just looking for the groups thoughts on a park that includes a former gas station on the next parcel.

This one has a clean phase 1, but looking for thoughts on this and former gas stations anywhere near a community and any other things I should be looking for or just haven’t thought of.

Thanks!

Phase 1 reports are completed for a specific party, so if it was an older Phase 1 for the Seller, this does not cover you and you need to have it updated for YOU.

These reports also check 0.25 miles from the given property to understand the surrounding properties that could put yours at risk. The former gas station I owned had a former dry cleaner about 500 feet away and our Phase 2 found that there were some residuals from that offsite operation passing under my property via the water table.

In short, if you have a clean Phase 1 in your name for a property then there is not much more you can do to be comfortable. Your title company usually also has the Seller sign an affidavit to confirm their knowledge of environmental issues on the property as part of a title policy. I’m not sure if this covers pollution, however.

1 Like

Thanks jhutson, I appreciate the feedback. Will be doing one in my name, it just makes perfect sense.