Finding MHP Lists

I would like to call all of the MHPs in my area to see if i can find anyone interested in selling their park. Other than Google, is there some place i can get a list of all parks in my state?

I’m thinking that the county would have lists like this, correct?

Anyone out there have ideas where or how to look up parks?

What state?
20 characters

I’m looking in PA currently. Also have interest in Florida as I have family there.

There are several steps, but basically the best way to get a fresh list (with phone numbers) is as follows:

1. Go to the County Appraisal District and obtain a list of all MHP-classified properties.

2. Review the properties to determine which ones meet your criteria from a # pads, occupancy, etc perspective. You may have to do some data sanitization such as looking up the owners of LLC’s to get the data you need.

3. Decide if it’s worth your time to look up the owner’s phone number using Google / Whitepages, or otherwise hire a skip tracing service to provide several numbers and email addresses for each record. This costs money, but so does your time to do it manually… Skip tracing

1 Like

Florida is a freebie…

http://www.floridahealth.gov/environmental-health/mobile-home-parks/_documents/Copyofcurrent-park-list-5-21-2019.xlsx

Click that link.

@jhutson has a good answer, i can spend 20 minutes typing out an answer but its been to long of a day on all the little things you can do for follow up marketing, trying to locate on facebook etc.

Charles did a podcast on this via Sunrise Capital Investors for databasing, great resource.

TLOXP works magic on getting in touch with people…

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Those seem like great places to start.
Once I get that list compiled, and owner’s numbers, i’ll have a lot of calling to do.

I have between $50k-$100k for down payment so $400k would probably be the max I could afford. Unless I could dig up a partner.

Just keep in mind, if you buy a dump that needs work and infill, budget some for fix up , cap reserves, cap x.

i would rather take an awesome 600k deal with a partner where i bring 100k they bring 100k then a junky deal i get entirely at 300k with my 100k . Dont limit yourself to looking at only phillips head screws, get one of those multi bit tools so you can grapple a flathead, a torx, square etc.

Joe, I am also looking in PA or Florida and may be interested in bigger deals if you find any.

What you’re saying makes sense Marvel_Equity. I’m looking to work with a property manager to that does MHP to help me with what needs to be done. If I don’t partner up I’ll probably only be able to buy 1 park.

What deals are you looking for cgwolfe. It seems that parks that are about $1M+ have much better cap rates.

@Joewudly If you find a good deal, finding partners will be very easy. I am also looking to deploy a decent bit of capital into a good value-add deal. Feel free to shoot me a message or post here if you find anything decent and need someone with experience and some money to put to work. FL and PA work just fine for me as I live in FL.

2 Likes

Does anyone have a list for Arizona that is reliable ?

Disclosure, i have not used 3rd party property management so talking only from theory. Just be cautious if your strategy revolves around having a mgr/ or mgmt co that you are expecting to help you with what needs to be done. Essentially you should expect to be the captain of the ship and direct the crew on how to navigate according to your plan.

I wouldn’t worry about buying 3 parks. Just worry about the first park, get it turned around if it needs, stabilize, see how it goes and then build your track record grasshopper.

Network with other park operators, read as much as you can on this forum, do the bootcamp, evaluate lots of opportunities so you know what to avoid and where opportunities are.

1 Like

Every park we own,was found by simply driving around, and contacting the owner,NOT the managers. The manager usually get very defensive ,when asking for the owners number. We have 5 that we would sell for the right offer.

Hi Floridamom.

What part of Florida are you from?

Could you tell me a bit about the parks? Size, location?

Floridamon–very interested having lived in Fl. plus have cash and if needed lenders to fund plus $7,000,000 projects Our DD usually is one day ONSITE only and completed ourselves. Have NO interest in park owned homes or slums! 918-314-8159

Dominic , We have a Park under contract with owner financing for 29 years at 4.5%
we are looking for equity partners to come in. for the down payment this is a great Value add park as it is cash flowing now and will from day one but has 27 vacant lots which will add over one million in extra value once we fill the lots with the cash program

This is in Jacksonville Florida
You can contact me at Barry@JVPartnership.com

Can we discuss?

james@yaleadvisors.com

Love to hear more, I built my business in FL.

@Joewudly

Click “Useful Information”

@ the bottom of the site you will see MHP listings via excel spreadsheet download. Click which ever state you need!

Great site. About time one made a one stop shop for MHP!

1 Like

@Joewudly I’ve developed a database of PA parks (among other states). Contact me and we can discuss data sharing methods.