Excellent video on mobile homes

Great video on Mobile homes. Comments from Ben Carson

3 Likes

Bit misleading. Affordable is relative. The fact is that those wanting to get into home ownership make up two categories, those wanting to get in and move up and those that have no future growth. Mobile homes are not a asset they are a depreciating liability. First time buyers wanting to get into the housing market with the intent of moving up should not be purchasing a “new” mobile since they will lose money from day one. On the other hand those buying without the ability to move up should not be wasting money on a new mobile since the vast majority of those either do not have the money to properly maintain the building or simply do not have the appropriate standards to do so. “Affordable” for those having no ambition or future potential is a used home not new.
The ideal buyer of a newly manufactured home is a retiree or senior that is looking to move down with the intent to freeing up cash and it being their last home. They do not have the concern over it being a depreciating liability.
The exception would be a very high quality community that would be attracting buyers that would not be looking for “affordable” but rather the life style that a quality gated community would provide. Adult only, seniors etc. Buyers by choice not by necessity.
Personally I do not understand the motivation of those buying “new” homes as affordable housing. Definatly not those on welfare or dead end low income. A new home on it’s own land makes scenes but not my definition of affordable housing in a trailer park.

As a community owner I understand the motivation to want to bring in new, I only allow new homes to be brought into my community, it is necessary to maintain the existence of the community into the future. Most owners of “affordable housing” regrettably allow their homes to disintegrate around them as opposed to properly maintain them. This makes it necessary for community owners to replace all homes over time. With the right buyers this is a worthwhile investment unfortunately most looking for affordable housing are not the right buyers for new homes. It is dependant entirely on the level of quality a community owner maintains for their community.

The clip is very positive for the industry.
Older homes appear nice inside as well.

Thanks for sharing

20 characters

Great video that shows all the best sides of mobile homes. If you don’t mind, I would like to supplement this topic with something useful for a complete understanding. To really understand what is a manufactured home, you need to read a lot and a lot of people to consult with. And in the end you will realize that this is a great thing.