- "Why would a National MHP Owner take a Tenant's word regarding their Dog Breed (when the MHP has specific Dog Breed Restrictions)?"
Dogs...Dogs...& More Dogs.
Oh, people love their Dogs...and I understand and appreciate that. I have had dogs and I have loved them dearly also.
However, the bigger the Dog...typically the more power behind the Dog.
Recently, we had a Prospective Tenant that wanted to move their Mobile Home from a National MHP ( NOT @frankrolfe - But another National MHP Owner in the same area ) to our MHP.
This Tenant had 2 Dogs:
- Dog #1: Maltese - 3 Year Old - 15 Pounds
- Dog #2: Husky - 1 Year Old - 44 Pounds
Our "Dog Policy" is as follows:
- Maximum #: 2 Dogs
- Maximum Weight: Under 30 Pounds @ Full Maturity
- Licensed Vet: Need To Provide Documentation Of Dog's Weight
- Licensed Vet: Need To Provide Documentation All Shots Being Up-To-Date
For our MHP Dog #2 is not allowed (over weight limit).
Since this Prospective Tenant was leaving a National MHP, I was curious what their MHP's Dog Policy was, so I called them (website said "Dog Friendly").
As per phone call to National MHP their "Dog Policy" was:
- Specific Dog Breed Restrictions - (Such As "Siberian Husky" Is Restricted - But Said "Other Husky" Breeds Are Ok)
- NO Documentation Required
- Takes Prospective Tenants' Word Concerning Breed
Hmmm....I find this "Dog Policy" from this National MHP Owner a little disconcerting.
I guess if I was a MHP Insurance Company ( @KurtKelley ) and I insured them it might be a lot disconcerting.
How do National MHP Owners keep their MHP Insurance with a "Dog Policy" such as this?