Dogs...National MHP Owner...Breed Restrictions...Takes Tenant's Word...Hmmm...Interesting

QUESTION:

• “Why would a National MHP Owner take a Tenant’s word regarding their Dog Breed (when the MHP has specific Dog Breed Restrictions)?”

Dogs…Dogs…& More Dogs.

Oh, people love their Dogs…and I understand and appreciate that. I have had dogs and I have loved them dearly also.

However, the bigger the Dog…typically the more power behind the Dog.

Recently, we had a Prospective Tenant that wanted to move their Mobile Home from a National MHP ( NOT @frankrolfe - But another National MHP Owner in the same area ) to our MHP.

This Tenant had 2 Dogs:

• Dog #1: Maltese - 3 Year Old - 15 Pounds
  • Dog #2: Husky - 1 Year Old - 44 Pounds

Our “Dog Policy” is as follows:

• Maximum #: 2 Dogs
  • Maximum Weight: Under 30 Pounds @ Full Maturity
  • Licensed Vet: Need To Provide Documentation Of Dog’s Weight
  • Licensed Vet: Need To Provide Documentation All Shots Being Up-To-Date

For our MHP Dog #2 is not allowed (over weight limit).

Since this Prospective Tenant was leaving a National MHP, I was curious what their MHP’s Dog Policy was, so I called them (website said “Dog Friendly”).

As per phone call to National MHP their “Dog Policy” was:

• Specific Dog Breed Restrictions - (Such As “Siberian Husky” Is Restricted - But Said “Other Husky” Breeds Are Ok)
  • NO Documentation Required
  • Takes Prospective Tenants’ Word Concerning Breed

Hmmm…I find this “Dog Policy” from this National MHP Owner a little disconcerting.

I guess if I was a MHP Insurance Company ( @KurtKelley ) and I insured them it might be a lot disconcerting.

How do National MHP Owners keep their MHP Insurance with a “Dog Policy” such as this?

1 Like