Delinquent kids in park

How do you handle problem kids? we have about 4 homes in the park where the kids are always getting into trouble, fighting with one another and bullying. Of course the parents say its not their kid and then they fight with the other parents. My manager never can catch the entire incident so its all hearsay but it bothers a lot of the tenants with the screaming and fighting going on. Whats the best way to stop this?

Find a reason to boot at least one of the families. You have to show them that you are in control and not these people. Be prepared to kick out another family or even all the bad ones if the situation doesn’t improve.

Rolf

If there is fighting, screaming, trespassing, disturbing the peace, etc then this is a domestic violence issue the police should be called and a report logged. Let them investigate and then based on that you can determine who is violating your Park rules and take care of the bad actors.

Your Manager should let all tenants know that if this is bothering them then it’s their responsibility to inform the police for it to be addressed. If they choose not to inform the police then it’s not that big of a problem.

@steven , as per your post:

• “How do you handle problem kids? We have about 4 homes in the park where the kids are always getting into trouble, fighting with one another and bullying.”

I agree with @Rolf

• “Find a reason to boot at least one of the families.”

I would start with evicting one family first.

If things do not get better, I would then evict family #2 and so on.

These families are not only causing conflict between the families…it is causing stress upon your good Tenants.

If you do not stop these fights, your good Tenants will leave.

We wish you the very best!

Steven,

This is the reason the kids behave the way they do. At one of our very distressed parks, I had 2 sets of kids constantly fighting and causing a ruckus - of which their families did as well. I sat two families down on a Saturday in my office and had a ‘come to Jesus’. Given that I had many residents who confirmed the troublemakers, I basically told that them unless this behavior stops, I would evict both families - point blank.

As owner of the park I was concerned about the other 130 families. I looked at each parent and child in the eyes and made sure they understood exactly where I stood.

Never had an issue with those families again.