Dealers License Ohio

Happy New Year Everyone!! I am in the process of getting our dealers license in Ohio. One of the requirements is to have a salesperson who is " available to reasonably assist customers with or without an appointment". So my question is how have some of you gone about getting that salesperson? The salesperson needs to be fingerprinted and “on site or readily available”. We live out of the state and we haven’t been able to find a good option in our park of someone that can do this. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am reaching out to local realtors so see if there is an interest in being our salesperson but I am not sure how to compensate them. Any advise would be great! Thanks!

Have the onsite manager get the license. As this person sits at home all day, you are meeting the requirements of being on site for at least 30 hours per week. Fingerprints are a non-issue. You pay the fee and your on site manager goes to a specific location to get her fingerprints taken. It is very simple as long as you’re on site manager doesn’t have the type of crimes that would prevent a license from being issued.

I would not waste your time with a realtor. Often times, their commission for selling a house is more than the cost of the mobile home that you want to sell. If they can sell a house and collect a $14,000 commission, why would they want to sell your mobile home?

1 Like