County not allowing RVs in mph

I recently acquired a small park in central Pennsylvania with small lots. The largest we can fit in some spaces is 14 by 60. We had an offer to fill our last 4 lots with RVs but the county will not let us do it. The land is zoned commercial but the mph is non-conforming legal. The park originally was built in the 40s as a campground.

Also the county is requiring a detailed drawings of proper setbacks before allowing us to move in any new homes. Is this a normal request? And if so, my manager has found someone that can do this for 2200. Is that a reasonable price as these things go? The mhp is 5 acres and 38 lots, 355 lot rent and 34/38 are rented.

Well I don’t know about the rest of it, but $2200 sounds cheap. Or normal.

You will have to work with the county. Get a copy of the relevant ordinances that were in place when the park was built, as well as any updates and amendments which you may be required to adhere to now that the usage has changed from “campground” to MHP.

You may have to get a lawyer to help if you cannot come to terms with the city. Which ordinances apply and which do not? The ones in place when the “park” was developed. You say it was developed as a campground so this seems to be somewhat of a grey area.