Cost to fix a water leak

Hi All,
I have a park under contract with a large water leak, and I assume will continue to have leaks down the line in the piping. What can I expect to pay for a leak under the asphalt roads? How about under the dirt? I assume mains would be more expensive to fix that branch lines?
Thanks in advance,
Aaron

What part of the country are you in? If up north in Minnesota, Michigan… water lines can be 8ft down while other parts of the country only 2ft.

1500 to $10,000

Hi Asmith,

My name is Bill with Metron Sustainable Services, we have the most innovative, technology driven water sub-meters. I wanted to reply to you because if you place one of our master meters with our sub-meters, our software will calculate precisely how much water you’re losing in your infrastructure. Every 24 hours it will create a chart showing what went through the master meter and what went through all the sub-meters. This helps to understand how much loss you truly have. Some might be much smaller than you think or much larger which helps you determine cost analysis. Let me know if you’re interested in learning more. I’ve provided a link to a short video to give you a visual of the analytics provided.

Hope this helps.
Bill B.
720-826-1174

@PhillipMerrill It is in Nebraska. Are those prices for a leak under asphalt? I’ve heard 40k thrown around, so just want to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Dont know how deep the mainline is but I dont buy that price. 40k would be a massive project

I have a park that has continual leaks coming up because the pipes are shallow and areas where cars drive over or next to roads are continually springing leaks. I pay $150 every time. I’m planning to replace the pipes next to the road deeper so the cars don’t affect them in the future. If under roads that’s going to be a lot more expense.

We have had a few main water leaks fixed and it was 6 feet deep and the cost was $500 to $750 depending on how much they had to dig. Some time the leak is not where you think it is and they will have to keep digging until they find it. One of our leaks was 400,000 gallons and the previous owner had a $4,000 water and sewer bill.

DAV-place your water lines in a pipe when under or near a road. For example if the water line is 1 inch place it in a 2 inch pipe and is easy to change in the future and not tearing up the blacktop.