Connecting to city water/sewer

we are looking at a mobile home park in NC and is wondering how to connect to city water/sewer?
Where should we look into to see if this option is realistic? and how much does it usually cost to do so?

Thank you,


Contact the city building department or public works department for details. There may be a “tap” fee for each home, which can be very expensive.

1 Like

mPark provides good advice in suggesting you talk with the city about connecting. A key factor is the distance to the nearest access point for city sewer and water. You will likely pay per foot in accessing the lines. A Google search can then give you an approximate cost per foot when you know the distance you have to cover.

I just had a park converted to city water and sewer in MN. The city required that a licensed plumber pick up meters from the city and install them (I was not permitted do it as the park owner). The cost was $350 per home for the plumber to install, and the meters were $180 each (Badger 25). So it gets spendy, but in my case the city wanted it done so they paid the cost up front and I will be paying a property tax assessment for it over the next ten years (at 4% interest, which was fine by me). Good luck.

1 Like