I have a serious concern regarding the city and my mhp. Originally, went to building department to inquire about turning on electricity to a lot we had brought an RV into…but that changed quickly!!
- The park is in a very popular Florida vacation destination
- 55 permitted spaces, is older, older homes, mostly POH, and with small lots,
- Originally acquired distressed 5 years ago, improving consistently
- Active Operating permit and business license, no open code issues
- Legal, non conforming
- Park sits in the middle 1/3 of a full block the city wants to see redeveloped.
- Both parcels on either side (1/3 each) were at one time MHP, now both are vacant and have approved zoning changes for new ALF construction
- One was vacated before I had any interest, the other park was closed down due to multiple, uncorrected code issues. Basically, bad ownership, management.
- City openly stated they want to phase out mhp
- Was told they would be sending in code to make sure “we know whats there”
What rights do I have to prevent the future “witchhunt” that is coming.? We run a clean tight park, on site management, full time on site maintenance, back ground checks, security cameras etc, but the majority of the homes are 40+ years, so obviously there are items not up to current codes.
Anyone else have to fight this battle? Any and all feedback would be appreciated.