Changing park name legally


I own a corporation CMH Investments Inc. that owns one mobile home park Bayco Mobile Home park. I want to change the name of the park only and I have called around and got run around answers. I talked to my lawyer and he said to do a certificate of assumed name for my corporation and use that to change the name of the park. But it seems like a weird thing to have to do. I guess my big question is how do I change the name of this park I just bought. Kind of crazy Ive called this city county and state and no one seems to know what the heck is going on. The park is in Michigan by the way


I think the assumed name is the correct answer. These are also called DBA’s (doing business as). I do it with my LLC’s so don’t see why it wouldn’t work for a corporation. It was simple, fill out an application, get it notarized, and file it with the county for $15.


Business license,post office and file fictious name in County should do it


I did that with my park. The LLC has a dba for the new park name. I ordered signs and hung them up and started creating all paperwork in that name. Done.


Just change the name of the park and file a DBA with your state. Should cost no more than $100.


I did this a couple weeks ago…I put up a new sign at the entrance and changed the park name with the Maine Manufactured Housing Board. I’m in a smaller city so I didn’t bother with the dba.