Abandoned mobile homes after hurricane

I own a mobile home park in Louisiana. Hurricane Laura hit and at least 32 of the 67 trailers are not inhabitable (beyond repair) I cannot find/locate the owners of these trailers (I’ve emailed, telephoned) with no response. What would someone in my position do? I need to rent out those lots

That’s a tough one. Maybe get with the city or county to see if they will condemn the homes so you can remove them without going through abandoned property. You’ll need to double check the laws in Louisiana but that may be an option to save time.

2 Likes

Thank you! The only problem is that the City/Parish offices are not open now due to the hurricane

You should really send certified mail to the owners too if it’s a different address than the Park. Whether the trailer is condemned or you take it through the abandonment process you’re going to eventually have to figure out how to best break them down and scrap them.

Also see if FEMA can move them to a storage area and move in some FEMA trailers for the housing shortage out there.

Sorry not lots of good answers.

would they be on the tax roll?

@Parktown - give us a call, we might be able to help you with your abandoned home issue.

Aaron Chachamovits
(800) 658-7577

Hi Aaron; I reached out to you this morning but wasn’t able to reach you. I’m available anytime Please email me at parktownestates14@gmail.com. I’d love to discuss options

1 Like

These are good answers. The problem is that I haven’t been able to locate at least 20 of the uninhabitable trailers. I physically posted notices on their door giving them 10 days to contact me.

I can try to find that out. City of Lake Charles is not answering phone calls, my emails are being returned “non deliverable”. The city is a mess

@Parktown, check your email